Latest Technology: For Better Vision Care
We use current technology, such as our Optomap® Retinal Scanner and OCT visual field analyzers (where available) to detect diseases and conditions that other exams might miss.
We'll also look for issues such as:
- Colour blindness
- Depth perception
- Eye fluid pressure
- Peripheral vision
optomap® Retinal Scans
Many Vision Source doctors use the Optomap Retinal Scanner (where available), a digital imaging device that scans 80% of your total retina (as opposed to 20% from traditional exams), which allows us to detect conditions such as glaucoma, diabetes and even cancer.
The Optomap offers:
- A 200-degree view of your retina
- Quick, easy and painless scans
- Scanning for adults and kids
- Detection of a variety of diseases
OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography)
Vision Source is proud to offer our patients OCT testing (where available), a device that scans your eyes and presents the information as a high-resolution 3D image. This detailed view allows us to get a better understanding of how your eyes are functioning.
A SPECTRALIS exam is capable of seeing:
- All 10 layers of your retina and optic nerve
- Diseases such as glaucoma and diabetes
- Objects 1/1000 the width of a strand of hair
- Changes in your overall vision health